Followers

Saturday, 26 February 2011

A Card At Last

Yes, I have actually managed to make some cards so can also enter some challenges :o) This card is one I have made for my in-law's wedding anniversary which is tomorrow, so cutting it fine as always it is also the first ever easel card I have ever made and even though I say so myself I am chuffed with how it has turned out.

The image is one of the new Lili of the Valley images which I have coloured with promarkers, the effect with the water and bubbles is achieved with glossy accents and a sprinkling of diamond dust, the wine in the glasses is also glossy accents. I have added a few extra bubbles using Papermania adhesive shimmer dots. The papers are all from the Forever Friends pink parfait paper pack and have been mounted onto card from my stash, the base card I have edged with diamond stickles. The sentiment is also from Lili of the Valley and the pearls from Wild Orchid Crafts, the gauze ribbon and bow I made myself recycling some gauze that was wrapped around the bouquet of flowers that my friends at MDGH gave me when I left. I think the shimmery grey colour gives the impression of water.

Here's a closer image

I am entering this into the following challenges;
Wild Orchid Challenges  challenge 17 - sketch
Lili of the Valley  challenge 85 - Circles (the bubbles, pearls and dotty paper)

3 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet card Kietha, pretty colours and pretty papers.Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV Challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet easel card. Well done.
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card!!! That image is so cute and your coloration is fabulous! The glitter is a nice touch! Fabulous colors too!
    thanks so much for joining us at WOC!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete