Followers

Sunday 16 January 2011

Weekend

End of the weekend again, why do these two days go so fast? Work again tomorrow and on call from 6am :o( Working 5 days so no crafting now till next weekend as it's too late in an evening to start anything as get home late, eat tea which hubby has waiting for me :o) a short sit down and then bed to do all over again the next day. Really need to win the lottery lol......
I have made two cards this weekend this is the first

The image is the penny black image 'poppy fields' which I coloured with my BRAND NEW promarkers don't think it's half bad for a first attempt. I have matted the image onto card from my stash and the layered this onto the same coloured card and some design paper that again I have had for eons. I just LOVE paper, to look at and to stroke and occasionally when I have no other option to actually cut and use.....sob. I placed some ribbon with little butterflies on it behind the main image and have attached a little charm from doodlebug, I attached three little buttons to the bottom and voila there you have it, done.

I am entering this into the following challenge's;
Penny Black Saturday Challenge
Oldie but a Goodie - Bright and Cheerful
stamp something - anything goes



The next card I have done is for this weeks Papertake Weekly - cold and frosty morning but it also fits Totally Gorjuss - Cuddly


The snowman image is one I've had for ages not sure what it's called, this I've coloured with promarkers, the snowmen are done with icicle stickles and the snowlady's hat brim with white flowersoft. The background paper is from doodle bug and the twine and snowflake embelishments are from my stash. The sentiment is again one I have had for quite a few years which I have stamped in blue onto white card and then just inked the edges with the same blue. Both of these are mounted onto a large dark blue circle of card which in turn is mounted onto a lighter blue pearlised card, I have stamped a snowflake design in white ink over these and then inked the edge of the pearlised card with silver.

So that has been my weekend in crafting, the real world beckons again I hope you all have had a great weekend and have a good week to come. xx

3 comments:

  1. Two great cards, love that little hedgie, super cute.

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! Thanks for joining the fun at An Oldie but a Goodie Challenge!
    Julia-Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful card - love the cute little hedgie and gorgeous papers
    Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete