Followers

Friday 16 March 2012

That Friday Feeling

I do have a card to share tonight but firstly isn't it wonderful that it is Friday the endless possibilities of a whole weekend laying before us. As for me I am doing my mother day visits tomorrow firstly to my mum-in-law who doesn't live too far away and then a longer journey to see my mum who lives in a nursing home about 25 miles away. This is so that I can spend Sunday with my own daughter who lives away at Uni. she also isn't miles away but has her own life and is busy with her study's (or so she tells me) so it's been a few weeks since I last saw her so am looking forward to some girly catch up time. I also have some cards to make for work friends and would like to have these wrapped up this weekend as I have a lot of family birthday's approaching and need to get busy. I am still on my countdown to part time working just two more weeks to go and then yay!! a day off in the week to do with what I wish, I can't wait :o)
Anyway onto the card this is for my mum-in-law and is one I completed last weekend.

 The image is Fizzy Moon Blooms and Butterflies which I have coloured with my ProMarkers and added a little glamour dust to the butterflies, the ribbon on the bouquet and the tummy button. I have softened the edges of the image with chalks then matted it onto some pale green card from my stash. The background paper is from a 6x6 paper cellar patterned papers pad, the lace is from The Ribbon Girl and the ribbon is some that I purchased last year in a sale at Paperchase if I remember correctly. The heart I cut out by hand after drawing around a template I then edged this with glamour dust (you can never have too much of this stuff) the sentiment I have hand written as I didn't have anything that would fit onto the space I had available to stamp. The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch that I have punched from pink vellum and placed some little gems along the body, the blue flowers are actually snowflakes from the Memory Box Frosty Border die I thought their shape echoed the shape of the flowers on the image and I'm really pleased with how they look, the flower centres are little buttons from my stash.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Totally Gorjuss - Challenge 122 - anything goes with a button!
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Anything Goes!
I love ProMarkers  - Challenge #108 - Anything Goes


3 comments:

  1. Hi Kietha. Fun image and scrummy lace. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a fabulous colourful and spring loaded creation! Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww what a cutie, what a fun image :D I love it. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete