Followers

Monday 26 August 2013

Bank Holiday

Well it just goes to show the effects of a little bit of extra time can do YAY!!! another post from little old me which also means another card :) The weather here in my bit of Cheshire hasn't been too bad over the BH weekend, Saturday was a bit grey but other than that it has been dry and today was HOT and SUNNY so of course it put me in the mood to make a Christmas card. I actually had a bit of a colouring day yesterday and coloured a number of images so this is the first card made from my colouring session.



The image used is Lili of the Valley 'Twinkling Star' which I have coloured (in what must be one of my favourite colour combinations) with my trusty ProMarkers and then liberally sprinkled with glamour dust the edges of the card the image is stamped onto is slightly distressed using Tim Holtz distress ink 'Faded Jeans'. The decorative card is from a pack called 'Silent Night' and the brand is 'First Edition' which I have to admit I had never heard of, I bought this pad last week from Range and I just love the muted colour palate. I think that a lot of my cards this year will have card from this pack incorporated into them somewhere, so much so that I think that I need to go and invest in a 2nd pad.
The sketch I have used is one of Dawny P's but not sure where I found it, have had a look on her blog (click on her name for the link) but it's not one shown on there so I must have found it on a challenge blog at some point. I haven't faithfully followed the sketch the ribbon embellishments, charm and gems are all me. The image and decorative card has been matt and layered onto plain card stock from my stash the ribbon, charm etc. are also from my stash.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
LOTV's Ideas to Inspire - Make it Festive
Passion for ProMarkers - Use your favourite colour combo
The Hobby House Challenge 3 -Christmas

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kietha, what a gorgeous creation. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our "fave colour combo" challenge at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful thank you so much for joining us at the Hobby House for our Christmas Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Kietha. Lovely image. Thank you for joining us at The Hobby House. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kietha, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete