Followers

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Pleased with this one

Well another day and another share. I am off work at the moment with some awful upper respiratory tract infection and laryngitis that I have had for nearly two weeks now and seem unable to get rid of so took a weeks holiday rather than go off sick and the antibiotics do seem to be working and I don't feel as ill as I did. My share for today is for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge and their challenge for this month is January Blues which is to say a card predominantly consisting of blue tones. It was nice to get my Penny Black stamps out and back into use as I haven't been inking them up for a while. I have to say that this card did challenge me as I don't think I have ever made a mainly blue card but have to say that I am really pleased with how it turned out.


The image is Penny Black 'Poppy fields' and the whole image other than the flesh tones is coloured in using a blue colour palate. I used my ProMarkers for this the grass, stems etc. coloured with Duck Egg, Turquoise and Marine and the little hedgehog with Blue Pearl and Cornflower. The flowers are coloured with Pastel Blue, Cyan and Aegean with the centres and stamens in Midnight Blue, as I said I am really pleased with the result. The background paper and card is from my stash as are the little pearls, the butterflies are Martha Stewart punches with glamour dust applied to the larger two. The bakers twine is from the Ribbon Girl and the fuzzy script type piece of card behind the little hedgy is my attempt at making a postcard. I finished the card off by decorating the inside like this.


I am entering this card into the following challenge:

Penny Black Saturday January Challenge - January Blues

1 comment:

  1. Now I am your follower. I like your card
    Laura
    www.vive-lavi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete